Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Sunday 2 June 2013

Viewed: Star Trek into Darkness


My trailer review for Star Trek into Darkness said...

"While the trailer had all the big budget epic action I'm not sure if it was good or not.  Mainly because I think any trailer for Star Trek, regardless of quality couldn't prevent me from seeing remake prequel sequel Star Trek 2 without the colon.... Yeah, I hope to see this movie soon."

The wife and I went to see this on date night.  She really wanted to see Iron Man 3, which I already saw because of our little tiff.   Without any spoilers, I maintain - and will not bend - that Bane was a more serious nemesis than The Mandarin because The Mandarin had a logo and Bane did not.

Enough of that.

Star Trek into Darkness, despite not having a colon in the title, was exactly what it was supposed to be and because I entered the cinema with no expectations or thought about the logical progression of story, sequence/sequel/prequel/remake I found it entertaining and was amused by the kicker.  That's all I can say without spoiling it.

I can't wait for the next one.

The wife had never seen any of the Star Trek movies and says she didn't care for any of the TV series.  During the film she occasionally elbowed me or whispered, "is this serious?"  or "are you kidding me?" 

I suspect she is part Klingon.

1 comment:



  1. Disclaimer: No relationships were harmed in the writing of this Star Trek review.

    ReplyDelete